Comware Based
1748034 Members
5023 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

A5930/5940: Documentation of flow mirroring and mirror-to loopback unclear - any examples available?

mjsaarin
Occasional Contributor

A5930/5940: Documentation of flow mirroring and mirror-to loopback unclear - any examples available?

Hello,

I have tried to find a simple way to mirror the traffic of a VLAN to a monitoring device connected to an another A series box. First I tried configuring mirroring-group and redirecting that traffic to a GRE tunnel. It works but I don't know how to limit the collected traffic to selected VLANs only (perhaps via looped cable that allows only few VLANS but that's quite ugly).

So, I was hoping to achieve my goal by using traffic behavior mirror-to command. The interesting option is to mirror-to <interface> loopback. The Network Management and Monitoring Command Reference manual tells that the mirrored packets will be put in a GRE tunnel. The manual fails to tell how to configure that GRE tunnel. As far as I can see, the command does not create any service-loopback under the interface given as the argument to mirror-to command. If I try to use an interface under which I have created service-loopback the CLI refuses to let me use that interface as a mirror-to destination.

What would I like to have is an example with all the GRE configurations how to use mirror-to loopback. Are there such? My Googling skills aren't good enough so that I would have found those myself.

Cheers,

Matti