Comware Based
1752618 Members
4648 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How to syslog clients mac-addresses connected to a HP 5820-24XG-SFP+ Switch (JC102A)?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

How to syslog clients mac-addresses connected to a HP 5820-24XG-SFP+ Switch (JC102A)?

Im trying to get a syslog of the mac-addresses of the clients connected to the HP 5820.

The 5820 act as a router for the clients which means it has L3 interfaces configured, which is usually the demand using other vendors before you can get a mac-address logging (that is which mac-address has been identified using which ip-address).

However I seem to fail to get the syslog entries I wish for (other syslog entries is received so the syslog itself works)...

Here is what I have tried so far:

mac-address information enable
 mac-flapping notification enable

And here is how the syslogging is configured:

info-center source default channel 0 log state off trap state off
 info-center source default channel 1 log state off trap state off
 info-center source default channel 2 trap level informational debug level informational
 info-center source default channel 4 trap level informational debug level informational
 info-center loghost source LoopBack0
 info-center loghost <REMOVED>
 info-center logbuffer size 1024
 info-center trapbuffer size 1024
 info-center synchronous
 info-center timestamp loghost iso
 undo info-center logfile enable

Obviously im missing something here or is it that comware v5 cannot syslog mac-address information?

3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to syslog clients mac-addresses connected to a HP 5820-24XG-SFP+ Switch (JC102A)?

Hi,

this feature is called "mac information" on comware devices.

Check the manual - Layer2 config guide - Mac Information

Notifications can be done on learn/age-out and through syslog and snmp traps,

best regards,Peter.

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to syslog clients mac-addresses connected to a HP 5820-24XG-SFP+ Switch (JC102A)?

Great thanks!

Dunno how I managed to miss that... I think I tested it previously but must have been read those parts of the manual sloppy because I didnt get it to function last time...

The correct configuration seems to be:

Globally:

mac-address information enable
 mac-address information queue-length 0
 mac-address information mode syslog

And then the interfaces you wish to get logs from:

mac-address information enable added
 mac-address information enable deleted

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

By the way, is it possible to get an arp log aswell?

Looking at the options for a int vlan xxx there doesnt seem to exist any "arp log enable"?