Comware Based
1748268 Members
3475 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Where to send for feature-requests in existing products?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Where to send for feature-requests in existing products?

Currently the built in DHCP server of HP A5820X-XG24-SFP+ is missing the feature of being capable of leasing out ip addresses based on option 82 (circuit-id).

How and where can I approach HP to get an answer on if this is already on a roadmap for future release (and when will this be available) or if this ever will be available for the A5820?

Does HP have a specific email address one could email to and ask/apply for feature-requests?

Or am I forced to first have some kind of supportcontract and raise this as a bug first?

2 REPLIES 2
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Where to send for feature-requests in existing products?

Trust me you are no the first and won't be the last. Depending on how you classify the "feature" as anhancement or as a bug there are two way's to go.

If you believe there is a technical HW or SW issue with the product you call HP support.

If you would like to apply for a enhancement request to a product you talk to sales.

HP does not disclose any information regarding future releases unless formally announced, at least that is my experiance.

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Re: Where to send for feature-requests in existing products?

Oh bummer, thanks for the answer!

I was hoping of an feature-request-comware@hp.com or such to make it easier than to create accounts back and forth and keeping track of yet another password etc =)