5143 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OC20 Can't Setup

xic1
Occasional Contributor

OC20 Can't Setup

Hi all,

I bought 4 brand-new OC20 devices from HPE reseller 3 months before but until now it doesn't work.

After "Your network is ready" screen on the mobile client, there is no later response. Also, the account I was registered by the APP client cannot log in the web portal of Officeconnect.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
xic1
Occasional Contributor

Append

I am sure that the uplink Internet connection is available and robust, and the previous AP (not oc20) which connected to the same layer 2 switch works well. I guess the issue may be caused by the cloud registration process of OC20 AP and HPE Officeconnect portal.

Many thanks.

RonaldWeng
Occasional Visitor

Did you ever manage to figure out what the problem was?

I'm also experiencing the same issue, initially I thought it was due to the certificate (self signed) which my phone wouldn't allow, I've checked the traffic going out from the OC20 device it does hit the https://proxy-officeconnect.ext.hpe.com/ url but the registration never completes which led me to believe it may be a routing issue. I've switched off firewall, nat, etc but still have the same issue. 

Now I'm sitting with 3 units which the one unit keeps going into updating cycle (brand new out the box) while the other two refuses to created the site

xic1
Occasional Contributor

Hi there. Yes.

The issue I encountered was caused by the bad Internet connection between the access point and HPE's activation server. During the initial setup, it will downloads the latest firmware automatically from the server, so the site is not up until the update process is finished.

My solution is: sent a unit to the reseller and bring it up by their already activated devices, then get it back and power on all units, so they will be activated by the previous one.

RonaldWeng
Occasional Visitor

I will try fiddle around with a dumb (WAN) router (no firewall/port blocking/etc) and a POE connector. I get the feeling somehow the response is not getting back to my phone/OC20 device which then fails the registration process 

DHN7

Hi,

Have you bin able to fix the the issue also? i also got the exact same problem.

RonaldWeng
Occasional Visitor

Took it back to my supplier, he had to replace the unit to a newer one and
update the firmware. He also tested his unit by resetting it and
encountered the same issue.