1752664 Members
5578 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command View 2.2b and XP512

Vanja
Frequent Advisor

Command View 2.2b and XP512

I am having issues connecting Command View workstation with one of my XP512 arrays.

The Command View software is version 2.2b update 6 running on windows 2000-sp4 with Internet Explorer 6.

The XP512 firmware version is latest 01-19-99.

I already have one XP512 array with same firmware connected to this Command Veiw workstation and I have no issue managing it.

Now about the array that I'm having issues with. . .
I can ping it from the Command View workstation and when I type in the array IP in the Device Admin tab I can add the array to the list of currently managed arrays - the serial # location, etc. is pulled from the array - so Command View is obviously able to talk to the array. Now when I go to Device Launcher tab and go into View Mode the status shows pending and gives me "Data retrieval in progress" for a while - then it times/craps out after a few minutes. When I go to "Lun Management" screen I also get the "Data retrieval in progress. Please do not perform any set operations until data retrieval is complete." This message sits there for hours and nothing.

Anyone have any info or clues on what to check? I have the array connected through the spare port in the SVP laptop (not using the built in port behind the control panel.)

I have the svp laptop and the workstation connected with crossover cable (workstation is 192.168.0.2/24 and laptop is 192.168.0.3/24). Interesting thing is that when I try to use a different IP for the array like 192.168.0.3 I can not even add the array into the Device Admin tab (although I can ping the laptop from the workstation). Also when I try to use internal array port to connect to the 126.x.x.x address (change workstation ip to 126.x.x.x) - means I try to talk to array from workstation I can ping array but can not talk to it in Command View.

This leads me to believe that there may be some internal settings on the svp/laptop preventing me to connect to the array. I know there's no firewall setting on win2k, but maybe some internal SVP port settings or something.

I've tried a bunch of things with command view workstation including changing interface priority, putting array and laptop on different netowork, attaching them through switch etc, but nothing seems to work. . . ?

Any clues let me know?
Points will be given!

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Vanja
Frequent Advisor

Re: Command View 2.2b and XP512

Correction in third paragraph from the bottom - meant to say 192.168.0.4 instead of 192.168.0.3. . .

>>Interesting thing is that when I try to use a different IP for the array like 192.168.0.4 I can not even add the array into the Device Admin tab (although I can ping the laptop from the workstation).<<
Vanja
Frequent Advisor

Another correction. . . meant to say "different IP for the workstation". . . been a long week. So finally 3rd paragraph from bottom should read.

>>Interesting thing is that when I try to use a different IP for the workstation like 192.168.0.4 (instead of 192.168.0.2) I can not even add the array into the Device Admin tab (although I can ping the laptop from the workstation).<<
Vanja
Frequent Advisor

Anyone have any clues?