New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View Update 6.0.2 to 8.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Command View Update 6.0.2 to 8.0

Hello,

I need to update a CV6.0.2 installation to CV8. I searched now for some time, but still some questions left:

1. Since CV7 you need e-licenses for the capacity. The customer is still running 6.0.2. So how do I get the e-licenses? EVA is still under support.

2. What is the best way for the update? Uninstallation of 6.0.2 and new installation of 8.0? What about ISEE and WEBES?

Thanks for advice.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

1. Customers with a support contract should have received information how to obtain the key from HP automatically. Unfortunately, this has not always worked or the information came many months later or the cutomer has ignored the paper.

2. The release notes say:
""The HP Command View EVA Software Suite 8.0 does not support upgrades from earlier software versions. If you are running a version earlier than 8.0, you must first remove the earlier version, rebootthe server, then install HP Command View EVA 8.0. Use Windows Add/Remove programs to remove the earlier version.""

Oh, by the way: according to some other paragraph, you should install SMI-S after installing WEBES...
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Uwe,

thanks for you reply. I found the same passage in the release notes, short after you reply. :)

Do you have any hints about WEBES / ISEE? Anything I have to keep an eye on it? I can remember that ISEE sometimes stopped working after an CV update.

Thanks for you help.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Webes versions should be compatible with all CVE versions. If you decide to go to the 5.1 version, dont forget to apply also the patch 2.0. The installation log can be found in c:\program files\webeslog dir, so you can check if everything went fine.
the pain is one part of the reality
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

thanks for you reply. No questions left.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick