Disk Enclosures
1752755 Members
4946 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 - adding 28 disks - Best Practice?

Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
As above, but the default = 1 disk, just make it 14 for the DG you wish to add them to. Also, Add them all in in one go.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Sakthi Murugan

hi,

add one disk to drive enclo then waite until drive activity LED to stop then continue with same steps for all diaks
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

No, you can add multiple disks at once.

Also, with host I/O going on, the disks will show activity all the time - you do need to check within Command View EVA whether the addition and leveling has completed.
KarstenPE
Frequent Advisor

Hello NG,
Some days ago I added these 28 disks to 2 diskgroups. Everything was fine, but the maximum number of disks CommandView allowed me to add simultaneously was 14 in first place, so I added 10 disks to DG2 and then, surprise, surprise I was able to add the remaining 18 disks in oone step to DG1, as planned.

Thanks to all.
Karsten
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Only a follow up note as I just recently did the same and called HP first to see what their recommendation was.

HP recommended adding 8 at a time to the disk group. It took about 4-6 hours each releveling to finish.

From the reading above it does not seem to matter much but figured I would add the experience.