evaperf pdg with non-friendly name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

evaperf pdg with non-friendly name

If I run evaperf pdg -nfn I get the disk groups identified as:

etc.

However, I can't figure out how to identify which of the values Default, 01, 02 correspond to the friendly name. The output does not give the hexuid or objectid which I could extract through sssu "ls diskgroupfolder full".

I'd like to not use evaperf without -nfn, since this would require me to always keep the fnames.conf file updated and I try to run evaperf 24/7 to always gather performane data. Easier for me to run an sssu script in parallel and correlate later.
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: evaperf pdg with non-friendly name

What could be the problem if you run "evaperf fn" to reload friendly names from time to time and they avoid the cross matching even if you run 24x7?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

I have found that in larger configurations with several EVAs behind a Command View server, evaperf fn will at best take a few hours to run. At worst, it will hang indefinitely.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, when the update starts the fnames.conf file get copied to a .bak file and a new fnames.conf is created. During this, there is no friendly names mapping and an ongoing evaperf data collection not using -nfn won't have a friendly names file anyway and I end up with a performance log contain both friendly and non-friendly names.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Those are the LDAD number of each disk group. The first one you create (Default disk group) is LDAD 00, the next one LDAD 01...

The LDAD number is part of the disk group objectid, the first 2 digits of the objectid are the disk group number.
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

That was exactly what I was looking for, from the data I have it matches.
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

closing thread