1753500 Members
4237 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HSV110 no OCP , LCD displayor Fiber port on

Ayya
Frequent Advisor

HSV110 no OCP , LCD displayor Fiber port on

When powered on Compaq LCD V1 comes up and then goes blank.

The CACHE batteries were replaced on two HSV110 configured to mirror I think.
Now I see no LCD info on the front panel. The Fibre cables going to the Storage or Orange. No light on the Fibre ports going to the Fabric. The Fabric side is lit.

Any clue where to start.
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: HSV110 no OCP , LCD displayor Fiber port on

Hi,

I would start by looking at the status of the EVA through the Storage Management Appliance or Server, using Command View EVA.

If that doesn't show anything, then you're probably going to have to get support involved...

Is there a display on either of the HSV110 controllers ? Are the disks connected up and powered on ?

Cheers,

Rob
Ayya
Frequent Advisor

No EVA software at the customer site. No one seem to know who has it. I am not able to find on the HP sites.

The Fiber ports are not even lit- not amber not green.

Nothing on the LCD. The drives are connected and their connection to the controller is amber.

Same with both controllers.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

> No EVA software at the customer site.

There must be somewhere...

Try logging on to the relevant SAN switches and having a look at the zoning configuration (cfgShow) to see if there are hints as to which server is running Command View - hopefully you'll see a management zone or such like...

Can we assume that the EVA worked at some point, and has now failed ?

Cheers,

Rob
Ayya
Frequent Advisor

No password for the COMPAQ SAN SWITCH. Customer does not have any one who remembers.

Is there a way to reset the switch for default password?

I finally got a copy of EVA software and installed it. Does not discover anything.
There is no connectivity between the COMPAQ SAN SwITCH 2/16 and the DSV100. Green on the SANSWITCH side. Light goes off on the DSV110 side.
Green (SAN Switch) <------> Off (DSV110)
Amber with cable disconnected on the DSV110 side.
I also found at the customer site a spare DSV110. Just connected it to the switch without the drives. OCP lights up and as stays Looking for Disk.
But the Fiber Light of this goes off when connected to the switch.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The default username/password for the SAN switch is admin/password. It is possible to reset this password, but only if you have another SAN switch to connect to, that you do know the password for...

Cheers,

Rob
Ayya
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your help. It turns out the debug flag was set on the controller. So when the controller was recycled the boot process stopped. Nothing on the OCP. You could see the messages by connecting a terminal to the port in the back. This and a bad fiber card on the appliance. Flag value 9 - meaning print to log console and debug (bit 1 on).