1748074 Members
5276 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Logical drive is queued for rebuilding

MCJones
Occasional Advisor

Logical drive is queued for rebuilding

We have a HP Proliant G3 server. It has 2 x 36GB SCSI 15K disks configured as a mirror in logical array with Raid1+0.

One hard disk showed as failed so we replaced with new. As it is a Novell server the CPQONLIN module reports that when the new disk is rebuildng then 30 seconds later it states that it is 'queued for rebuilding'. It then remains in that state.
Have tried hot plugging the new disk but have the same outcome.

Have attached the ADU report.

Have also looked around the forums but can't seem to get a definitive answer and the only constant seems to be upgrading the original mirrored disk with updated firmware. As I am not sure what the actual root cause is I'm reluctant to do this.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks in advance, Martin
3 REPLIES 3
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen similar odd behaviour. you can try making the new drive a global hot spare and see if the RAID1 grabs it to do it's rebuild.

I added an additional hdd to the existing 2x Raid 1-0 hdd's but i do not get any spare management option in ACU. All I get is an option to create a new array. I have attached a screenshot.
MCJones
Occasional Advisor

I have updated the Smart Array 5i firmware to the latest version and ensured that all the hard drives are up to date.
I finally reseated the scsi backplane but to no avail.

Would the next step be to replace the smart array 5i controller or do you think replace the scsi backplane or both?