New Discussion юеВ

Logical Drives not reflecting

SOLVED
Go to solution
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

Logical Drives not reflecting

Hi All,
I have 2 DL 380 G3 servers connected to MSA 1000 through Qlogic FC adapters. ACU on both servers shows the MSA 1000 contollers. Created an array and a logical drive and also enabled SSP for both the servers. When i create a logical drive in the OS level through computer management on one server, it doesnot reflect on the other server. Also i am not able to diable cache on this disk. Please let me know where am i doing wrong or please provide me a tutor which helps in configuring shared disks successfully. Eagarly waiting for your support
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Logical Drives not reflecting

You need a file system that provides true shared acccess. NTFS or ext2/3 does not provide that feature. Disabling any caches _will NOT_ be enough!

http://www.polyserve.com/
provides this as an add-on to the base operating system.
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply, is it an application that need to be installed? i couldnt find anywhere to download this. Please let me know what exactly i need to do. This setup is for Oracle 10g RAC.
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Could you brief on how the server is connected to the MSA, is it via a switch or direct connect to the I/O module of the MSA1000, How many path from one server do u have to the MSA??? If possible attacht the tech_support output of the MSA1000

Andy
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It's a product that costs money - I don't think there is a free download.

Doesn't Oracle provide a special shared file system for their RAC database? Have you checked Oracle's documentation ?
Sorry, I don't have any experience or more insight in RAC.
loooolaaaaa
Frequent Advisor

Servers are connected to MSA 1000 using "2/8 san switch" and regarding tech_support, could you please tell me how can i get that? i am new to this
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

The MSA1000 controller modules has an "RJ45-Z" connector at the front. You take the special RZ45-Z/DB9 cable that came with the MSA, plug it in the controller and the other end into a PC/Notebook.

Fire up a terminal emulator (hyperterm is sufficient). Choose 19200 bits per second, flow control disabled, 8 bits and press the [return] or [enter] key.

You should get a prompt:
CLI>

Configure the terminal emulator to capture the output to a file, then enter the

CLI> show tech_support

command. Put it into a .TXT file and attach it with the next response.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't have any experience with Oracle RAC, either, but here's a guide I found.
http://h71019.www7.hp.com/ActiveAnswers/downloads/Instal_PDC_Oracle10gRAC-OAS_Win2003_Integrity.pdf

It applies to a Windows on Itanium setup, but I think the steps are similar for x86/x64 architecture.

Regards,
Stephen