Disk Enclosures
1752402 Members
5799 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Question about SNMP trap message for EVA.

Tetsuya INOUE_2
Advisor

Question about SNMP trap message for EVA.

Hello

When a physical disk may be broken, I would like to know what kind of SNMP trap message for EVA will be sent. It may be a warning message or predictor message, regarding disk broken. Has anyone ever been experienced about that ?

Here are the messages I come up with. Could anyone tell me your experience ?

- Event Code: 28071
SC Event Code: 6 2b 40 4 - A physical disk drive was bypassed rendering it unusable.

- Event Code: 28002
SC Event Code: 3 1 40 b - The physical disk drive identified by the device field has been rendered inoperable.

- Event Code: 10042
Cannot ungroup the specified disk device because the disk is not grouped.

- Event Code: 28034
SC Event Code: 6 2 0 9 - A physical disk drive has reported a check condition error.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about SNMP trap message for EVA.

I use WEBES to send a mail message every time a event occurs on the eva, I suggest to use that.

When I tried, SNMP traps don't worked as I expected.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Tetsuya INOUE_2
Advisor

Thank you for your reply.
How do I use WEBES ?
If you like, could you tell me a little more about that ?
Matt Tourney
Frequent Advisor

Tetsuya,

If you contact HP Services, they will come out and install ISEE & WEBES free of charge, assuming you have a valid active maintenance contract on the hardware. If the EVA is less than 3 years old, then you certainly do.

ISSS & WEBES will collect events and alerts from the EVA through the CommandView service and send those alerts to HP for support/warranty repair and/or to your own internal email or SNMP-based management console.

Call HP.

Matt
huh?