1757897 Members
2753 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RAID 0 on FC60

Ray Estevez
Occasional Contributor

RAID 0 on FC60

I need to know if I can setup RAID 0 on my new FC60 w/ 12x 18 GB drives. HP engineers installed and set this up without asking us what we really wanted. The SAM utility does not allow me to select RAID 0. When I try this from command line, I get the following error message:
amcfg -L A:1 -d 1:1,2:1 -r 0 -s 16 fc60

Out put from amcfg:
amcfg: Arg out of range

So, is there a way that we can just use RAID0 for binding LUN?
Also, I read somewhere that I may need the latest firmware hp08 to support RAID 0. It appears we currently have firmware version HP04. Is this true?
3 REPLIES 3
Chad_7
Occasional Advisor

Re: RAID 0 on FC60

Actually you need hp10RAID

Please Note: RAID 0 provides better performance but without data protection. RAID 0 provides no data redundancy and should only be used for non-critical data. The loss of a single disk in a RAID 0 LUN causes the loss of all data in the LUN.

Are you using NT or HPUX?
David Navarro
Respected Contributor

Hi, With FC-60 you only can use RAID 0+1 or RAID 5, I don't know if in future FW versions you can do another kind of RAID.
If you want to do RAID 0, you can connect SC-10 directly to server and do lvcreate -I x -i n. I know that this isn't exactly RAID 0.
I assume that you know in RAID 0 you haven't redundancy.
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
You should be aware, that Raid 0 is not supported by HP. ( jsut a hint )
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"