5032 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Forum Changes breaking things

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Forum Changes breaking things

Today when I tried the forum there were several changes, none good.  :-(

Lots of changes seem to be with New vs Read?

(I'm using firefox 53.0.)

1) When I read a blog, it doesn't get marked as read and I have to explicitly use Blog Options > Mark as Read

2) When I look at the unread posts I don't see icon descriptions when I hover.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread

3) Also the Previous/Next buttons are on the bottom right when they should be on the left.  This is the natural flow of opening new tabs by clicking on the titles.  I don't look at the authors (on right).

4) When I add a tag, the box opens several lines down, then I have to move up to click on ADD.

For some reason when I do it in this Feedback board, it seems to work the old way.  Is this board specific?

add_tag.JPG

5) When I click on a topic on aboard, I'm no longer sent to the first unread post, it starts at first.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/General-Feedback-and-Suggestions/plotting-implicit-functions/td-p/6965338/jump-to/first-unread-message

I do have "Jump to first unread post in a topic" enabled.

And what's worse is there is no "[ new ]" there there either!  So I have to scan every entry for a guess of a time.

9 REPLIES 9
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Dennis,

The first investigation, over the "Jump to latest post" functionality, is ongoing. It indeed appears not to be working as I understand it would. 

I am also looking into the other concerns, and will reply as I know more.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

"Jump to latest post" functionality seems to be working in the new SW forum.

And it seems reading blogs now works here.  But still broken there.

Edit: This is now working here.  :-)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Along with previous complaint about tags, I no longer see the View All (X) link that let you see who added tags and delete your own.

Something like:

t5/forums/tagdetailpage/tag-cloud-grouping/tag/tag-cloud-style/frequent/message-scope/single/board-id/Feedback/message-id/11905/user-scope/all/tag-scope/all/timerange/all/tag-visibility-scope/all

Edit:

I finally got it working after I made a mistake and wanted to delete one.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/forums/tagdetailpage/tag-cloud-grouping/tag/tag-cloud-style/frequent/message-scope/single/board-id/itrc-198/message-id/33690/user-scope/all/tag-scope/all/timerange/all/tag-visibility-scope/all

Where the message-id is the one from the #M33690 anchor.  Not the m-p that's in the URL.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Another problem I just noticed is that it is non-obvious how to reply to a PM.  Before, a separate reply button was under each message in the Inbox.  Now I have to check the message, go up to the top right and under Options, select Reply to Checked.

Hmm, I guess I should have clicked on the Subject of that message and it's all there as before.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

For #2, the tool tip, what I see is this:tooltip.PNG  

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

We have fixed the position of the "ADD TAGS" button in relation to the New Tags field.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

@Warren_Admin:  the tool tip, what I see is this:

I'm talking about the icon on very left.  That tells if topic or blog.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> We have fixed the position of the "ADD TAGS" button in relation to the New Tags field.

You should tell the SW forum, since still broken there.

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Yes, we have already informed the Software Community lead.

MargaretN