New Discussion юеВ

AWK Programming in Linux

Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: AWK Programming in Linux

[ $G68 -ne 0 ] &&
binLinux/GenMill $Mill G68 $G68 "$Sign"
# printf 'G00 G90 G58 X0. Y0.\nG58 G68 X0 Y0 R%c[%0.3g]\n' "$Sign" "$G68"

These three lines are truely interseting.. The 'printf' might have been causing your error, but given the way these 3 lines are at the moment, I'd have expected something else, like a Syntax error.

This is obviously shell script, and you've not said which shell you're using. I'll assume bash or ksh for the moment.

The single [] around $G68 are using the external 'test' application, and assuming $G68 is numerical, should be fine. If it wasn't, you'd be getting "integer expression expected" errors on STDERR.

With the command on the next line after && however, this portion of the routine appears that it would never return the error you are describing.

You've siad you've run it with 'set -xv', then you should have seen exactally where it's falling over.

If you could paste us the output you get when using 'set -x' for when it calls this function, we might be able to help further.
One long-haired git at your service...
Samuel Mathew
Frequent Advisor

First of all, this is the snippet that calls the WriteOps function:

gawk ...
WriteOps
fi >> ${Mill}_$Func.nc
ReadOpLine $((OpN+1)) $Stat

And this is the output with set -vx

+ WriteOps
SquD: bin/Milling[129]:0.00:unexpected '.'
+ ReadOpLine 2 1

The 129th line of Milling is the last line of code in the file and simply states 'fi'

Thanks for all your help
Samuel Mathew
Frequent Advisor

First of all, this is the snippet that calls the WriteOps function:

WriteOps
fi >> ${Mill}_$Func.nc
ReadOpLine $((OpN+1)) $Stat

And this is the output with set -vx

+ WriteOps
+ ReadOpLine 2 1

The 129th line of Milling is the last line of code in the file and simply states 'fi'

Thanks for all your help
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

I don't suppose you'd be willing to provide all of this routine, so we can look at it from start-to-finish. we're just not getting enough information with the snippets you're providing.
Samuel Mathew
Frequent Advisor

Stuart,
Sorry about that. I am attaching the full code of the routine that is giving the problem. I hope you the error that was coming which I had posted above. If you need any further input, I would be more than willing to give. IT is taking a lot of our time to transfer this script from HP-UX to Linux.
Thanks in advance.
Sam
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't see anything wrong with that script.

Modify the first line (#!/bin/ksh) to have a -x on the end of it, tne walk though to make sure each line gets the sorts of values you expect.