New Discussion юеВ

Re: LPR's and Redhat Linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
NPD USER
Regular Advisor

LPR's and Redhat Linux

Hi,

Does anyone know the latest version of Redhat Linux that is certified with the HP Netserver LPr? We are currently having a problem with all our LPr's that are running Redhat Linux 8.0 (7 servers). Every now and then the clock goes into a loop which in turn then causes the cronjobs not to execute. This happens about once a month but never at a given time. And it never happens to all of them at the same time. It leads me to believe there is a compatability issue with Redhat Linux 8.0 and the hardware of the LPr's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
David Asgeirsson
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but RH has mostly migrated to CUPS for printing services. From our experience it is much more reliable, so maybe you could try it out? Unfortunately the first install can be a bit tricky, but once it is running, it has been very reliable.

- David Asgeirsson
Robert Binkhorst
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

The support page for LP 1000r can be found here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=28162&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=28161&prodTypeId=15351

The latest version of RedHat that seems to be supported is 7.0, although we've been running 7.2 on lp100r succesfully for some time now.

You can find all the HP Netserver LP's here:
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_pagetype=prodhomes&submit.y=0&submit.x=0тМй=en&cc=us&h_lang=en&h_page=hpcom&h_client=s-a-r163-1&h_cc=us&h_query=HP+Netserver++LP&x=5&y=3

HTH,

Robert
linux: the choice of a GNU generation
Nick Gushlow
Advisor

Scott,

I'm currently having the exact same problem on a TC4100 using WhiteBox Linux (RHEL for Free).

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Nick.