5479 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem w/ make not finding files

Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

Problem w/ make not finding files

Greetings,

I normally don't do programming on Linux so I don't know what to do here. I've downloaded a package and I'm trying to install it. I ran the ./configure without a problem but the make fails with the following:

make[3]: Entering directory `/root/FahMon-2.3.99.1/wxcurl/src'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../wxcurl/include -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -MT base.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/base.Tpo -c -o base.lo base.cpp
mkdir .libs
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../wxcurl/include -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -MT base.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/base.Tpo -c base.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/base.o
base.cpp:16:23: error: wx/wxprec.h: No such file or directory
base.cpp:19:23: error: wx/wx.h: No such file or directory
In file included from base.cpp:25:
../../wxcurl/include/wx/curl/base.h:32:22: error: wx/event.h: No such file or directory
../../wxcurl/include/wx/curl/base.h:33:23: error: wx/string.h: No such file or directory
../../wxcurl/include/wx/curl/base.h:34:25: error: wx/datetime.h: No such file or directory

These files that make can't find are in directory /usr/local/include/wx-2.8. How do I get make to look in that directory?

Thanks.
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
1 REPLY 1
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem w/ make not finding files

Check the README or INSTALL file, there should be an option to the ./configure command to indicate where are these headers like:

./configure --with-curl-headers=
./configure --help

The above is just one example.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?