New Discussion

exporting a remote copy volume to a new host in the disaster site

SOLVED
Go to solution
humbi
Occasional Collector

exporting a remote copy volume to a new host in the disaster site

Hello

We have two 3Par 7200, and with the Remote Copy we synchronize (async / every 6 hours) all the volumes from one 3Par to the other. I have no in the disaster site a Hyper-V host. In a disaster case one the main site (host/3Par are dead) is my idea to attach then the Remote volume to the host in the disaster site.

To test the remote copy volume I have once stopped the synchronization. Then I have tried to export this remote copy volume to a new host.  Now the problem is that the Hyper-V host cannot recognize the volume. I the disk manager am it showing as RAW disk and offline.

I think that this remote copy volume is maybe write protected.

Is there a way to attach a remote copy volume (after stopping synchronization) to export to a new host?

Thanks for any advice

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: exporting a remote copy volume to a new host in the disaster site

Yes, the secondary volume is read-only. For Remote Copy testing, make a virtual copy of the secondary volume and export that to the DR host. And by exporting a virtual copy, you do not have to stop the remote copy group.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

humbi
Occasional Collector

Re: exporting a remote copy volume to a new host in the disaster site

Thanks a lot