3954 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: file persona and switch configuration

b_kirill99
Occasional Contributor

file persona and switch configuration

Hello All! 

I'm trying to use NFS storage on my small vmWare cluster. I have 3par 8400 4-node storage with 2 port 10gbe nics on each node, 2 Cisco nexus switches with 10gbe ports. 

I have configured file persona on two nodes, with bond type load balancing (6)

Now i'm a bit confused: how to configure switches? Should I use port channel on switch side to gain max throughoutput? Really need help. No network engineer available.

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello Kirill,

Can you please send more details of your connections including the port ids? or a schematic diagram of the connections will help as well.

If that takes time, I found some relevant set of documents in this link that may help you on this:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00026580en_us#:~:text=using%20the%20SSMC-,From%20the%20main%20menu%2C%20select%20File%20Persona%20%3E%20Persona%20Configuration.,Click%20Configure

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

b_kirill99
Occasional Contributor

Here is some extra info: connection table and schematic

connections.jpg

data flow schematic.jpg

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Kiril,

We don't have it documented how switch ports have to be setup, as how to do this depend on the vendor/type. We do however specify which bond modes we support (its in the FP user manual).

We do support bondmode 1(active-backup) and bond mode 6(balance-alb), Please make sure the switchports to which the FP ports are connected are setup correctly for these bond modes.

Trunkmode(802.1Q) is used for switch interconnections, not for connections to end ports(hosts).

For bondmode 1 and 6 they have to setup the switchports as normal endports.

The load balancing is done on the FP node(bond driver), not on the switch.

They do however can setup multiple vlans on these switchports, how to do this depends on the vendor/switchtype.

Regards,

Srinivas

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo