HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753465 Members
4797 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

File Persona configuration fails to complete with Error" failed to bring up internal networking"

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

File Persona configuration fails to complete with Error" failed to bring up internal networking"

I'm trying to configure file persona on the RCIP ports of StoreServ 8200 runnning  3.3.0.24724 as a proof-of-concept with no success.  

I am configuring the ports on my management network and I can see if I look at the ports while it is attempting to deploy that there is traffic going across the network since the throughput rate > 0 and the port type has been reconfigured to FSVC.  

The configuration job fails after about 15 minutes with : Failed to bring up internal networking on virtual machine on node1 after VM re-define.  

Ports are enabled during configuration- traffic is flowingPorts are enabled during configuration- traffic is flowingBut always fails reporting networking issueBut always fails reporting networking issue

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?   

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: File Persona configuration fails to complete with Error" failed to bring up internal netwo

@Carolyn_8:  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

You'll probably need to contact HPE Support for File Persona issues.

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Re: File Persona configuration fails to complete with Error" failed to bring up internal netwo

Problem resolved after upgrading to latest 3PAR OS 3.3.1..269 (MU1) with patches P09, P11, P18, P19 and P24.