support_s
System Recommended

Re: forgot the 3paradm password

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi emhraw87

you can reset the HPE 3paradm password by following these steps:

1. Connect to the Service Processor (SP) of the HPE 3PAR StoreServ using a serial console or SSH.
  2. Log in to the Service Processor with the service account credentials. The default username is "3paradm" and the default password is "3pardata".
  3. Once you are logged in, type "setpassword" at the command prompt and press Enter.
  4. You will be prompted to enter the new password for the 3paradm user. Enter the new password twice and press Enter.
  5. The system will confirm that the password has been changed successfully.
  6. Exit the Service Processor and try logging in to the HPE 3PAR StoreServ using the new 3paradm password.

If you are still unable to access your HPE 3PAR 8200 storage SSH after resetting the password, you may need to contact HPE support for further assistance.

Also, I request you to have a look at the below video which describes how to reset the HPE 3PAR admin password using GUI.
video link: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vtc00000304en_us

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

emhraw87
Frequent Visitor

Thanx alot for all..

but i still connot access my i think The default username is "3paradm" and the default password is "3pardata". was changed

so if i try to log in by using ssh it show (Access denied).

there is satask resetpassword by USB for IBM storage can i found such as for HPE .

Regards

emhraw87
Frequent Visitor

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @emhraw87,

Do you have any other user account with 'super' privilege? If yes, you can try to reset the password using that account.
Please let me know.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

emhraw87
Frequent Visitor

No i don't have else 3paradm
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @emhraw87,

Is there any other account like '3parcust' you have credentials handy?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

emhraw87
Frequent Visitor

whats the default password and default username such as " 3paradm " and " 3pardata " to check plz

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @emhraw87,

Now I got the list of default passwords. They differ version to version.
Can you please confirm the SP and 3PAR OS versions so that I will provide the correct default password for that version?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @emhraw87,

Please see my private message.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

MarcusSouto
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue here. I have the 3parcust password, but this account is member of service group on my Service Processor. I need to reset the password of an account with super priviledge, so I can renew the service processor certificate. Anyone can help me? My Service Processor version is 4.4.0.GA.

Best Regards,

Marcus 

Johan1984

Hello sbhat09,

Can you also help me with a list with usersnames passwords to reset and old beast. an 7200c (A).

Or if somone els can help me with accesesing this system without loosing licences.

Johan

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi Johan

You can reset the HPE 3paradm password by following these steps:

1. Connect to the Service Processor (SP) of the HPE 3PAR StoreServ using a serial console or SSH.
  2. Log in to the Service Processor with the service account credentials. The default username is "3paradm" and the default password is "3pardata".
  3. Once you are logged in, type "setpassword" at the command prompt and press Enter.
  4. You will be prompted to enter the new password for the 3paradm user. Enter the new password twice and press Enter.
  5. The system will confirm that the password has been changed successfully.
  6. Exit the Service Processor and try logging in to the HPE 3PAR StoreServ using the new 3paradm password.

If you are still unable to access your HPE 3PAR 8200 storage SSH after resetting the password, you may need to contact HPE support for further assistance.

Also, I request you to have a look at the below video which describes how to reset the HPE 3PAR admin password using GUI.
video link: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vtc00000304en_us

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

smartanas
Occasional Advisor

@Mahesh202 

dear sir 

kindly informed you that we have issue with access 3par 8200 i dont have sp and canot access default user name and pasword

please help me to reset default username 3paradm

i connect to mfg with cable console 

Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local).

3PAR(R) InForm(tm) OS 3.3.1.648 MXN6092BLR-1 ttyS0
MXN6092BLR-1 login:

Satish04
HPE Pro

Hi smartanas,

To reset the password for 3paradm, the 3par should be connected with SP.
If it is not connected with SP, you need root access to reset the password for 3paradm.

Please contact HPE Tech support to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

smartanas
Occasional Advisor

thanks 

but can you tell me how open case with hpe support 

Satish04
HPE Pro

Hi smartanas,

The procedure to create a support case in HPE Support Center.

1. Login to the HPE Support Center using a Passport account.
2. From the main menu, select "Create and manage cases".
3. You may choose to "create a case".
4. Once the case is created based on the respective product selected you will have to submit the case.

Also please watch the video demonstration fully on how to create a HPE support case.

URL - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/videoDisplay?videoId=vpsg00004754en_us

Do get back to us, if you need further help.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

smartanas
Occasional Advisor

3par.jpg

[Moderator edit: Removed the confidential info]

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi

It would be helpful if you were to contact HPE tech support over the phone to find out your region's contact information. You may use the link below to do so.

URL: https://www.hpe.com/us/en/collaterals/collateral.a00039121enw.html

Regards
Mahesh.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

sanier
Occasional Visitor

Hi, we have the same problem. No passwords. Our system is 3PAR 7200. If we connect to 3PAR with a serial cable, what kind of cable is suitable? Is RJ45 -> DB9 female ok? What we should do then? I connected the cable to 3PAR module 0 MFG port and tried to connect to it with putty (speed 57600). The screen is black. It doesn't show anything. How to reset password?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @sanier,

Thank you for writing to us! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo