5256 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 3PAR, Cannot reach TOC quorum

tsey
Occasional Contributor

HP 3PAR, Cannot reach TOC quorum

Hello everyone

i just initialized a new HP 3PAR StorageServ 7200 for the first time with a virtual service processor, the initialization was successfull however after it we noticed the cage numbering is wrong so we fixed them using the small buttons in front of the cages. now the system is in degraded state. when trying to connect to the controller via 3PAR Management Console we recieve this message:

"The cache server is waiting for the system manager to finish reporting the system configuration and status. please try again later."

the showsysmgr -d command returns this message:

"Cannot reach TOC quorum. Use 'setsysmgr' to set system manager startup state.

Reason for being unable to automatically start:
Waiting for 60% of TOC disks to be present before starting (currently 8 of an estimated 26) Run "setsysmgr tocgen" to start despite this.

7 disks were available to be examined for TOCs."

can anyone explain to me what has happened and how we can fix it?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP 3PAR, Cannot reach TOC quorum

>so we fixed them using the small buttons in front of the cages

Did you do this when the array was shutdown?

>Waiting for 60% of TOC disks to be present before starting (currently 8 of an estimated 26)

>Run "setsysmgr tocgen" to start despite this.

>can anyone explain to me what has happened and how we can fix it?

It seems the easiest is to shutdown the array and put the cages back the way they were.

See this other topic:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-3PAR-StoreServ-Storage/7200-3PAR-Enclosure-numbering-question/m-p/6671748

You might be able to use "setsysmgr tocgen" but that may just have a whole bunch of missing PDs.

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Re: HP 3PAR, Cannot reach TOC quorum

Hi,

Try Setsysmgr command...If nogo, while performing a reboot, power cycle each disk cage in sequence to make disks available......

Regards,

PS

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!