HP 3par No admin network interface discovered

hi  i have problem with mgmt network

Id : 312
State : New
Message Code: 0x0260002
Time : 2020-04-07 13:01:26 GST
Severity : Major
Type : No admin network interface discovered
Message : The administrative network interface has failed on node Node 1. The system cannot be managed from this node.

Id : 311
State : New
Message Code: 0x0260002
Time : 2020-04-07 13:01:39 GST
Severity : Major
Type : No admin network interface discovered
Message : The administrative network interface has failed on node Node 0. The system cannot be managed from this node.

[3PAR8440 cli% shownet
IP Address Netmask/PrefixLen Nodes Active Speed Duplex AutoNeg Status
172.222.22.70 255.255.255.0     01 - - - Yes Inactive

Work done:

1))  3PAR8440 cli% setnet changenode 0
Active interface change triggered

Except for the order  root>> netc  Can you do something else?

2 REPLIES 2
Paul28
HPE Pro

Re: HP 3par No admin network interface discovered

Hi amir_sh , 

Firstly, Did you make any changes to the 3PAR network parameters ? 

For example, if you had changed the network parameters, it requires to run the command
'setnet finish' (to keep the changes made) OR  to revert back to previous settings 'setnet end ' ( cancels the changes made).

If this has been an alert and without any manual changes made,  one may retry to set another node MGMT port as the network admin and ensure to set the network parameters correctly. While doing this also to make sure there exists a ETH cable which is connected from that node MGMT port to the network switch.

You may need to log a case with HPE support to get it checked if the port currently configured for admin interface (MGMT port) has issues and other node/s work on this 3PAR. If the node port is faulty a node replacement could be necessary as this port is onboard.

I'm an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Re: HP 3par No admin network interface discovered

Hi Amir_sh,

Since both nodes reported errors at the same time, I would check whether they are connected to the same network switch and any issue with the same.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo