1751932 Members
4837 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp 9000 L class

Michael Morah
Occasional Contributor

hp 9000 L class

I have an L class 3000 server that can not come ON the error massage on the console is.

System Name: uninitialise
Fatal power or enviromental prevent operation
reason for alart source:4= power
source detial 4 : Highvoltage DC power
source ID : FF
poblem detail: 0= No problem detected.
LED run Att. Fault Remoteare all OFF
Power is flashing.
what con the problem be and what is the solution.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: hp 9000 L class

Michael,

If you have a support contract for this server call HP support and log a hardware call.

Robert-Jan
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael, there can be 3 power supplies in your system and there should be in the rear a power connector for each power supply. You have got some power ther because the message is able to be seen from the GSP. Check that your connectors are pushed home on the rear because it may be you have a fully loaded L3000 and not enough connected power to sequence your system up
hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Michael,

Depending on your configuration, you could have either 1, 2 or 3 power supplies. I suspect that you have 2, and are not N+1. In that configuration, if you lost one your system may continue to run until you rebooted where it would lack sufficient power to supply the inrush current.

Take a look inside the front cover, you'll see your power supplies. They should each have a green light lit up. If one does not have a lit light, it is either a bad power supply or it does not have an active power connection. This could be a loose cable, blown breaker on a internal PDU or a blown breaker in your breaker panel.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Michael Morah
Occasional Contributor

I have 2 power suplies on the server, all showing OK green light. i have changed the power converter at the rear and the fault is still there. Apart from the front and rear power modules is there any other one?

thanks
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael, can you log into the GSP with CTRL+b, enter, enter and then do a reset of your system. Then try another power cycle
I am now off line until 0900 GMT tomorrow will check on you then,but there will be others keeping an eye on your problem
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Remove both the power cables from the Power supply Unit and keep aside for a minute before fixing it back.

Turn your server and see how well it goes. If it still gives error, log into GSP and clear the logs.

Regards,
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

The "PS" command from GSP will show power supply statuses! check that first. If it shows Normal, then there is some hardware fault other than power supply.

You should have minimum 2 operational power supplies for L3000 (as per H/W document)

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

I agree it looks like a power fault, however it may have just encountered a power outage briefly. This could have been due to power fail at mains or a psu on its way out.

I would clear the logs and reboot the server and see if the error comes back. If it doesnt I would monitor it for a few days after. If you do get the errors again and the psu leds are green and shown ok in the gsp, then you could check the power monitor board status located inside the server.

Also is the gsp and pdc firmware upto date. Just to make sure theres no issues there.

andy
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

You need all three power supply to have redundant power in the L3000. The light likely shows that you have AC power physically connected. The message seem to indicate that there is an issue with DC power which is what the power supply converts to inside the computer.
Mom 6