1755802 Members
5804 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-PB 28696 SCSI Card Settings

David Lockwood
Advisor

HP-PB 28696 SCSI Card Settings

I have 2 28696 SCSI cards installed in a K250. They have come from different machines and I want to make sure that the switch settings on the cards do not conflict with each other. Can anyone give me details of each of the DIP switches as I cannot find any documentation anywhere?
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi David,

I also can't seem to find the docs on-line, but I did find the part # for the manual - 28696-90001. Here's a link to the PartSurfer page to order it.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&model=28696A&modname=HP-PB+FWD+SCSI-2+host+adapter&template=secondary&plist_sval=D&plist_styp=subcat&bomlist=Y&keysel=D&strsrch

NOTE: I removed the trailing "=" on the URL as that usually causes weirdness with forum pages. I apologize if that breaks the link.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I also could not find any internet location with the jumper settings. In an old (printed) manual, I found:

Switch Value
1 SCSI ID bit 0
2 SCSI ID bit 1
3 SCSI ID bit 2
4 SCSI ID bit 3
5 Parity on(1)/off(0)
6 set to 0
7 set to 0
8 set to 0

If you hold the card that the switch block is in the lower left corner, Switch 1 is left, "on" position is up. Internal termination is set with 3 resistor chips right of the switch block.

I hope this helps,

best regards

Stefan
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi David, you do not need to worry about the switch settings on your 28696's unless you are going to use a "high availability" system where you have one systems scsi id's set to 7 and the other to 6. The different positions in the back plane will give you your different addresses for your connected devices i.e 10/4/4 or 10/4/12.
hope this helps
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar