New Discussion юеВ

Re: internal disks for k260

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ricky_4
Frequent Advisor

internal disks for k260

To All,

Are the se/hvd or fast wide HVD differential scsi disk of Intel servers possible to use as internal disk of k260?

Regards,

Adriatico
9 REPLIES 9
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

I don't know the answer to your specific Intel question but an easy rule for the HP 9000/K class servers: Any Seagate disk drive that ends with WD (ex: ST34371WD) can be used internally in the K class drive bay.
Ricky_4
Frequent Advisor

What we would like to know if those se/hvd or fast wide hvd differential disk of Intel servers can be configured as internal disks of K260.

Thanks again.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

SE/HVD likely will NOT work. The HVD disks used in the K series are FWD HVD disks.

It is impossible to know if the disks in question will work without knowing the exact model numbers.
Ricky_4
Frequent Advisor

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the information.

How about FWD HVD disk which is commonly used in Intel servers, will it work in k260.

Regards,

Adriatico
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

did you have a seagate model number or fujitsu...?

Stf ;-)
Ricky_4
Frequent Advisor

Below are the hard drive would like to use in k260:
ST-32550WD
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

OK it should works fine on K260 except that it hasn't got the good firmware but it should works...

Stf ;-)
Brad Baron
Frequent Advisor

A3351-69001 is the actual HP part number for the internal K-Class disk with product id you provided. The internal disks are fast/wide SCSI-2. Several disks will function in the K. You may have a cable issue connecting different drives. After installing do a >SEA (search) from BCH main menu to verify the system sees the drive prior to loading an OS. Of course be sure the SCSI jumper settings don't conflict with other drives on the same bus. If I remember the Core I/O has path 10/0 that is the same bus as the internal drives. That will need to be terminated if unused. Good Luck!
Ricky_4
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all replies I have received.

Regards,

Adriatico