1872 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

K380 F/W Diff SCSI initialisation Failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Maxwell Gumunyu

K380 F/W Diff SCSI initialisation Failure

I have 2*9.1G DF disk connected to the default F/W diff Scsi on a K380 and gives me the error cannot find ENTRY_TEST, Failed to initialise but when I connect the disks to the optional scsi (A2969A HSC F/W SCSI)the are ok. If I try to access the default scsi it time out or hang. I have changed the core i/o card to no joy.

I hope somebody will through a life line on this. I have run out of gas. Max
4 REPLIES 4
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: K380 F/W Diff SCSI initialisation Failure

Max,

It sounds to me like you have a duplicate SCSI address when using the default bus. If you have internal disks, they are usually at addresses 6,5,4,3. Six is the default boot disk and they go down from there. The SCSI bus uses address '7'. Try to verify that the disks you're attaching are addressed at some other address and try again. The reason you have no problems on the alternate interface is there's nothing else attached.

HTH,

Dave
Maxwell Gumunyu

Thanks but I do not have an internal disk and my address were 3 & 2, I have changed to 1 & 2 without any change
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Max,

Check to see if the internal cable in the disk cage has a terminator on it (it's part of the cable). Even if you don't have internal disks, you need to have termination at the beginning and end of the bus. Also check the connector on the board connected to the disk cage. Make sure it is not damaged. Lastly, you can check the system board. These are the pieces associated to the SCSI chain you're referencing.

HTH,

Dave
Maxwell Gumunyu

Dave

Well done!!, You have made my day. I just dismantled the server and put it back and sure enough everything is up and running. There was a bad connection on the SCSI path. Thanks for your guidance I would have not achieved so much in such a short space of time.Max