3772 Online
108846 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rp3410 MP not responding

otukile
Frequent Advisor

rp3410 MP not responding

Hi,
I have an rp3410 which is out of warranty now. Its running HPUX 11i. Initialy the MP LAN and serial ports were working and configured to be accesible over the network. Lately there is no response at all from the MP through both ports. We have tried to even use direct cross-over cable with no luck. We have tried to use the reset MP button and still no luck. We have compeletely shutdown power from the system and still no luck also. Any ideas on what else I can try to resusitate the system? we have to bring the system into single user mode and we need MP to do this.

Thanks
Don't panic
5 REPLIES 5
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

Re: rp3410 MP not responding

"We have tried to use the reset MP button and still no luck. We have compeletely shutdown power from the system"

did you try to unplug the system completely from the power (disconnect all power cables) ? the MP is still up if the system is down but has power connected to it.

in regards to booting up to single user mode, why would you need the MP to do that ?
If you have a termilnal connected to the system, you can stop it at the BCH level befor the system boot up (there should be a 10 sec windo to do that), and then you can initiate a boot to single user mode by interacting with IPL and initiating the:

hpux -is command

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
otukile
Frequent Advisor

Like I said earlier, the terminal console does not get any feedback from the system. Zilch, nothing. Even on the LAN (CAT5) interface of the MP, its the same story.

Is it possible that the MP board/card could be dead? Is it intergrated on the system board by any chance?
Don't panic
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

most likely you have a bad MP, it is a seprate board at the back of the server (not integrated to the SB) that can be replaced.

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
mits
Respected Contributor

I would suggest you will check the MP selftest LED to see if it lights.
http://docs.fc.hp.com/en/5971-4289/ch02s02.html#d0e1649
otukile
Frequent Advisor

I checked the emails today and the LED show that its working fine. And there is activity LED that shows that it trying to send traffic out. Unfortunately, nothing leaves the ports (both the serial and LAN)
Don't panic