3925 Online
108835 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CA with eva4400 16 kms away

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

CA with eva4400 16 kms away

Hi
I am going to install two EVA4400 with Continuos access . The distance between them are 16 kms more or less.

My questions
The odd port of both controllers should be in one zone and the even port to other zone?

How will be my zone?

The wwpn of the odd or even controller to one interlink connection ?; whitch will be the other member of that zone?

Are required this setting?
. Port based routing enabled (aptpolicy 1)
тАв DLS disabled (dlsreset)
тАв In Order Delivery enabled (iodset)

What will be recommended syncronous or asyncronous configuration mode for the DRGROUP.

Regards

W.S

rperez
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: CA with eva4400 16 kms away

Can you be a little more elaborate when it comes to the infrastructure?

How are the sites connected?

What is the speed of the link?

Is it redundant?

Generally, when I configure CA between 2 EVA's...

1. Every configuration is different in some way. Follow the recommendations in the SAN Design Guide.

2. When it comes to zoning, I like to have full control over how my EVA's talk to each other. That said, and depending upon my links and host access... I like to zone single ports. What i mean is... when I create my zoning, only Controller A Fibre Port 2 on EVA1 can talk to Controller A Fibre Port 2 on EVA2. CntlrBFP2 on EVA1 can only talk to CntlrBFP2 on EVA2. I also make sure that any of my other zones don't allow my EVA's to talk to each other.

Sometimes we get careless and create zones with multiple targets (storage devices), thus allowing our EVA's to talk to each other (read: Replicate Data) on paths that do not have sufficient bandwidth or have different data loads.

3. As for sync vs. async... You need to decide how valuable the data is that you are replicating. Is it mission critical where seconds of loss would mean the loss of millions of dollars? or do you have the leeway to allow for writing out data before acknowledging it is replicated?

There are lots to consider when it comes to CA. Lots of tests to do, lots of different technologies to utilize.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

inex
Super Advisor

Hi

Can you change the DLS parameter without thaking the switch offilne?

Is it ok to use autonegotiate on the port (isl ports) speed or should they be locked?

How many luns are supported in one DR group?

Regards

-inex