1755655 Members
2538 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command View 7.0 Error: XML SSO login rejected

cmoberly
Advisor

Command View 7.0 Error: XML SSO login rejected

I have a customer with two EVA 6100 systems and two Windows 2003 Storage Servers running Command View 7. Each Command View server can see each EVA through the SAN. Each server is currently managing only one EVA. I am seeing this in the application log every 1 minute on each server.

The only thing I can think of is that the local administrator password has been changed since I left the client site. Any ideas?

----------
Event Type: Information
Event Source: HP Command View EVA
Event Category: None
Event ID: 100
Date: 11/1/2007
Time: 2:00:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: [computer name]
Description:
INFO: XML SSO login rejected from host: [computer name].
6 REPLIES 6
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Command View 7.0 Error: XML SSO login rejected

Verify that the password is correct for the EVA on the WEBES/OSEM/ISEE for the EVA's. It looks like they are trying to login to the CV and check on the EVA but have the wrong password.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
cmoberly
Advisor

The customer did change the local admin password, so that would make sense. I will make the change, thank you!
cmoberly
Advisor

I went to the:
http://localhost:7902/managedentities

URL on each CV server and updated the password for Command View. I rebooted the servers. I even changed zoning so each server can only see its own EVA. However, I am still getting the error approximately every 1 minute. The above URL is the only location I ever put the CV login info in - I can't think of anywhere else to change it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
cmoberly
Advisor

Interestingly, I continue to receive this error even after uninstalling ISEE, OSEM, and WEBES and rebooting.
cmoberly
Advisor

The following from HP fixed this for me. After applying the change, critical errors from the EVA are still being logged as they should into the Application log, but the informational alert every 1 minute is gone:

Command View EVA - Event ID 100 Logged into Application Event Log Every Minute
ISSUE:

After installing or upgrading to Replications Solutions Manager V3.0 the Windows Application Event log has Event ID 100 from HP Command View EVA every minute which fills up the log and can cause problems for products that watch the log (e.g. WEBES).

With Command View EVA V6 installed the events will look like this:

INFO: SIM SSO login rejected from host: hostname

In Command View EVA V7 that doesn't have a trust enabled to RSM the events will look like this:

INFO: XML SSO login rejected from host: hostname

If the trust is enabled they will look like this:

INFO: User: rsm was logged in from host: hostname using the XML SSO mechanism with role: StorageAdministrator.
SOLUTION:

To stop these events from appearing in the Application Event Log, do this:

Open CV-EVA

Select Agent Options at top right of window (in CV7 that's Server Options)

Select Audit Logging Options

Set "Log to the Operating System" to DISABLED

Select Save Changes at top of page
cmoberly
Advisor

Solution posted above.