HPE EVA Storage
1755840 Members
3811 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMA 8000 battery dead , shall I still using before change part

EMA 8000 battery dead , shall I still using before change part

My customer shutdown the system and power off EMA8000 for 6 months , We are start it again , some part for server and this storage , HP local change it but only Battery for EMA8000 part number 221771-001 need to ship from US and take 1-2 weeks , so shall I still using this storage and take a risk of power down , data lost or it absolutely can't use.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the batteries are completely dead in a HSG80 based system, things can get a bit confused. You'll be best to wait for the replacements to arrive.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi,
For more information I just check the console and found the console message " Cache battery is low " " Mirror cache battery is low " and they have yellow light on the battery module. So look like it's still work but can backup only few minute . So I'm not sure that it's completely dead or not and still function or not.
Thanks.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the battery charge is low, then the unit should work OK. Assuming that you have dual controllers, make sure you check the status of the other batteries with "show other"

Cheers,

Rob
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

hi;
The storgare unit has got two controller and two batteries.
If just the batteries are empty, it will try to charge the batteries.If batteries hold the charge, don't worry.
If not, make a decision how important the servers are.And use the system with just one battery.

regards,
mustafa