2592 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Emulate two HSV210 with two servers and software

Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

Emulate two HSV210 with two servers and software

Greetings to all:

I would like to ask someone who has experienced what would be the best option, via software, to be able to implement a 2C8D EVA system without using the two HSV210s.

We are a group amateur radio enthusiasts who have acquired an EVA type system at a gift price from surplus with which we want to experiment to learn, it will not be used in production, only in the radioham laboratory.

Our idea would be to replace the two HSV210s with two inexpensive proliant DL360G5 dedicated servers that would act as controllers, however we are somewhat confused about which software to use.

The extra control that the HSV210 perform on the M5314, that is, on the EMU we would discard it, we will not use it.

Basically, it is about knowing which would be the most suitable Software such as LDM, LVM...

Maybe some kind of Freenas?

Thanks for the tips.

4 REPLIES 4
Ackerman1148
Occasional Advisor

Re: Emulate two HSV210 with two servers and software

rmv978
HPE Pro

These disk enclosures cannot be used a JBOD with servers and are meant to be used only with EVA.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.
It is obvious that the optimization of the operation, in a production environment, would only be achieved with the controllers for which the system was designed, however, there is no problem in seeing the fourteen disks as independent disks in the WSS2008R2 disk manager and access each one of them without any problem, hence the doubt we have that perhaps, using a program like Freenas or similar, we could create logical volumes that involve several disks in the cabinet. The internal diagram of the M5314 shows that the disks are in a loop topology.
In any case, very grateful for the help.Bucle.jpg

rmv978
HPE Pro

This is not supported by HPE.Hence would not be able to suggest any software program.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo