HPE EVA Storage
1761135 Members
3482 Online
108898 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Emulex LP952 (FC2101) link down after support pack 7.51

Re: Emulex LP952 (FC2101) link down after support pack 7.51

Naaaah, unfortunately, that did not help. I remember unplugging power cords during swapping HBAs between slots, but I double checked today. Still no go.

Tomorrow night I'm gonna swap HBAs between two servers, so I'll let you know. Wish me luck.
jan

Folks, I just want to let you know about the progress: it seems that the Slot 2 HBAs are deffective after all. When I replaced Server C Slot 2 HBA with Server B Slot 2 HBA, (both "deffective"), still link down. When I replaced Server C Slot 2 HBA with Server B Slot 1 (deffective with non-deffective), both HBA's links on Server C are UP!!! (And, as you can guess, both HBA links on Server B are down :-(). I will keep Server C happy and request HP to replace both on Server B on Monday.

Moral of the story is: If you have Emulex based HBA in your ProLiant, please think twice before applying PSP 7.51, for it may eventually end up with the HBA dead.

Good night everyone
jan

Yesterday HP replaced both deffective HBAs and the problem is fixed. As a root cause I identify some unspecified bug in PSP 7.51.

Thread closed.

clsd.