1756856 Members
2636 Online
108853 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA is not responding to SMA

Graham Smith_8
Advisor

EVA is not responding to SMA

I have two EVA6000s bridged across a public telco link. We lost the link temporarily. The link has been restored.
The remote EVA is running correctly, all the DR links appear to be fine, the source DR groups are reporting good connections and are not logging transactions. All appears good at that level.

Problem is that the remote EVA has stopped responding to SMA operations (both local and remote SMAs). I have rebooted the secondary SMA, but still no good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Graham
4 REPLIES 4
mmax
Valued Contributor

Hi Graham.
did you check FC connection between SMAs and EVAs (or settings of SAN, zoning etc.)? Are your SMA logged into SAN correctly? Try to check HBA and port on FC switch.
BR
Graham Smith_8
Advisor

HP Global Support have picked this one up.
Thank you.
Oreste Majeli
Occasional Advisor

Graham hi,

we are experiencing the same. Did HP services manage to find a solution to your problem?

thanks in advance,

Oreste
Graham Smith_8
Advisor

Hi,
Not really, no. It was more dumb luck. I needed to add some disks and create a new disk group and this seems to have jolted the SMA back into life.
Then the SMA started to crash periodically as well.
It turns out the version of command view (6.0.1.8) is a bit bug riddled so I am currently downloading version 6.0.2. (very slowly)
Why is HP's ftp site so darn slow! 25 kb/sec!!

So, yes the HP call centre were ultimately very helpful, but the answer to the question is that it is a BUG.