108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

eva8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Re: eva8000

I added the administrator to the HP storage admin group. I tried to log in and it still will not let me. It shows it there.

Thanks
Jon
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Ok I can log in now. It says it could not find the eva. I have 2 fiber cards in my machine. I have one going to the top switch and one going to the bottom switch. Am I missing anything?
This is the first time I am trying this thank you for your help so far.

Jon
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Did the EVA log in to the switches (model names, please)?
Any zoning on the switches?

It is possible that the EVA is not "initialized" (=there is no meta-data on the disks). In that case you have to enter the node WWN and a checksum via the front panel first before the EVA even logs in to the switch and is visible by CV-EVA.

If the EVA isn't initialized and you don't have a valid WWN/checksum pair you can stop right here. You have to get hold of one first.

I don't know how the box was shipped (they usually come in their own pre-configured cabinet) and the WWN/checksum is printed on two stickers left and right of the controllers. Most of the systems I have installed also came with a sheet of paper and a third removable sticker.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

It came with the labels. I entered that info. I may have trouble with my fiber card. I am trying another one now.

Thanks
Jon
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am sorry to be a pain. I get a link now with the eva8000. I do a discover and it still says I do not have an eva attached. You said something about zones earlier. Is this something I have to setup before it sees the eva? If so how do I do that.

Thank you again.
Jon
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

What sort of switches are you connecting to ?

You cannot connect the management server directly to the loop switches in the EVA (the ones that connect to the disk shelves), they need to be connected to separate SAN switches.

Cheers,

Rob
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

So you connect the management server to a san switch then connect the san switch to the eva?

Thanks
Jon
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Correct...
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

Also bear in mind that the version of firmware (XCS) on the EVA must be compatible with Command View EVA.

The EVA8000 has been around for a while now, so it's possible that it's running a version that CV EVA 9.2 doesn't understand (XCS 5.1xx and potentially XCS 6.1xx).

Cheers,

Rob
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am still having trouble seeing the EVA. I am now trying another san switch. I tried to check on the firmware level. I can see this from the front of the array.
OCP firmware
FW 1.9
API 1.2
controller
4.F ECO 18

I did not see what you referenced.

Thanks
Jon