3119 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Extend a existing fabric with 1 Brocade FC-Switch

aeronet
Frequent Advisor

Extend a existing fabric with 1 Brocade FC-Switch

Hi,

up to now I have only extended fabrics with Cisco MDS FC-Switches. Tomorrow I have to extend a fabric with a Brocade SAN Switch 4/8 with a other Brocade SAN Switch 4/8 first time.

I have heard, that Brocade Switches automaticly get the zoning information from the existing SAN switch, if the new switch has no zoning information configured. Is this statement are correct?
5 REPLIES 5
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Re: Extend a existing fabric with 1 Brocade FC-Switch

Bonsoir,

Yes, it do works like this.

Just ensure that new switch has no zoning configuration. Modify "Domain ID", "switch name" and "ip config". Connect to the existing fabric and existing zoning will propagate to the new switch.

Eric

aeronet
Frequent Advisor

Must I activate the active zoneset on the second switch or does it it automaticly?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It is activated automagically ;-)
Rick1975
Frequent Visitor

Hello, i have a question, i have 2 swtich, 1 in production with ID 1 and another with only ip, and name, and i put the ID 2, don┬┤t have any zone, if i connect with a fiber cable the fabric zone it┬┤s will be expand? and copy the zone to the new switch? 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Rick1975,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo