2712 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Notification on EVA/SMA

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Hall_15

Notification on EVA/SMA

The folks who set up our EVA5k also set up email notifications - lots of places, evidently. Now I need to change the email notifications, and I can't find all the places where the original notifications were set up - I know this b/c when we experience a power interruption or similar LOTS of emails are generated - and some are still being generated to the email address I thought I had removed. Does anyone have a more complete listing of where email notifications can be located, so I can look in all the places in CV/EVA/SMA/???

I should mention here that ISEE is also enabled.
6 REPLIES 6
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a complete list, but I'll look, and if I find anything I'll post back.

Meanwhile, as I recall, ISEE will also send emails, so check there, too.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Tom O'Toole
Respected Contributor

My 2 cents - disable any and all notification that's done by the 'baseline sanapp application' - by that I mean the app that is first launched when opening a browser window (openview/sma???). The notification 'chain' here is a dumbly implemented nightmare, so don't even bother with it.

Then enable local email notifications for WEBES to one well defined forwarding address, and you should be done. WEBES notificationas still have a lot of problem, but the openview/SMA ones are just useless, and a source of tears - it's as if it was designed by bill gates himself.
Can you imagine if we used PCs to manage our enterprise systems? ... oops.
Mario_66
Valued Contributor

Hi,

few of them are:

EVE, OSEM, WEBES, internal SMA email notification, ...

ISEE does not send an email.

It would help if you attach some examples of the emails you received.

But, some kind of reporting tool should be installed. Webes is the official tool these days.

HTH,
Mario.

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Besides the Notification page of the sma, search for a file called NotifyCA, it should be on program files\hewlett-packard\svctools\specific\desta\config
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Kusuma
Esteemed Contributor

You can look into "notification.Type" entry in "DESTA.REG" file under /svctools/specific/desta/config, for all the notifications enabled in WEBES and also for the component specific email entries that are installed.

"wsea status" command display all the WEBES notifications enabled, if an SEA component is installed. If not you can use "desta info" commmand for the same.

- Kusuma
John Hall_15

The 'NotifyCA' appears to be the culprit - I won't know for sure till the next power failure :)

Thanks to all.