2455 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion

Resizing of a lun

SUMIT BASU MALLICK
Occasional Contributor

Resizing of a lun

Hi All,

I am trying to resize a lun assigned to my host from EMC storage. I am using 11.31 IA64 (March, 2008).

After the expansion, I am able to see the new size using the inq tools. But diskinfo still shows the old size. I have a simple vxfs filesystem on my lun and have mounted it. I know in previous versions we needed to reboot the host for diskinfo to show the new size. But I am sure 11.31 supports DLE. Even vgmodify does not work untill diskinfo shows the updated size in case of lvm volume on the expanded lun.

I am running 'ioscan -fn' and 'insf -e' after expanding the lun.
1 REPLY 1
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Resizing of a lun

> Even vgmodify does not work untill diskinfo shows the updated size in case of lvm volume on the expanded lun.

Why do you say that? vgmodify is the command to use. It updates the headers and then diskinfo and pvdisplay will show the correct size.

> I know in previous versions we needed to reboot the host for diskinfo to show the new size.

Not really. Rebooting did not show the new size. That's why vgmodify came about.

I know the name vgmodify sounds that it pertains to LVM but VG changes have to do with the physical volumes too.