1755022 Members
5370 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RSM 5.2 connection login failure

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

RSM 5.2 connection login failure

I want to run RSM v5.2 in simulator mode on my desktop (Vista Enterprise 32 with Java 6 Upd 23). New RSM installation went fine. When I click on the RSM icon on the desktop, I get the following error pop-up:

+------------------------------+
Login Error
Connection refused to host: 192.168.199.1; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
+------------------------------+

It is trying to connect to the WRONG address. MY address is 192.168.0.181. 192.168.199.1 is the address of a VMware Network Adapter (used by my VM guests).

How can I force the RSM UI to go to the correct IP? Preferably 127.0.0.1?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

2 REPLIES 2
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Do you get the above message after providing credentials or just after double click on RSM icon. Because it says Login error.

And while installing the RSM it asks do you want to provide domain authentication or standard/normal.

If its coming after providing the credentials then make sure that two groups must exist under "users and group" and the account which you want to use should be part of either of them. If groups doesn't exist then create them manually and add your account.

Groups are:
HP Storage Admins
HP Storage Users

I was also facing some strange issues on Win 7 but on Win XP it worked fine for me. So you may try on some XP system and should be physical one.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

This is all before credentials. Just after double click on RSM icon.
FWIW, the HP Storage groups are set up.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo