HPE EVA Storage
1761230 Members
3642 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server with a MSA1500 and a MSA20 problems

bblokey

Server with a MSA1500 and a MSA20 problems

I have a server with a a fiber switch, MSA1500, MSA20, and a SCSI io module. I have the two msa systems hooked up with the SCSI cables to the SCSI io system. Then from there I have a fiber connection going to a server and on another port to the SCSI io module. I am having issues using the acu to set up my msa20. I can access the msa1500 but I cannot see the msa20. The fiber switch is seeing the activity and the ports are active with the appropriate licenses. But I need to be able to use the acu to access and setup my msa20 serial drives.
1 REPLY 1
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Server with a MSA1500 and a MSA20 problems

If everything is connected properly, you should be able to configure the drives in the MSA20, through the MSA1500. The Controller in the MSA1500 acts as a master controller to the MSA20's when they are attached and allows you to do certain things you could otherwise not do with a stand alone MSA20.

The connections should be as in the txt doc attached... (hope it comes out right)

The quick recap...

MSA20 connects to MSA1500 (SCSI i/o);
MSA1500 connects to SAN Switch (fibre i/o)
Server connects to SAN Switch (fibre hba)

ACU see's MSA1500 and you can configure the drives in the msa20 through it. I don't think you actually "see" the MSA20, it's transparent, but accessible through the 1500.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)