109062 Solutions
New Discussion

Data Fabric Installation Issue About Generating SSL Key

SOLVED
Go to solution
msaidbilgehan
Advisor

Data Fabric Installation Issue About Generating SSL Key

After update of mapr-setup script and other features, we tried to install 7.4 and 7.3 version of data fabric. We get the issue below;

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 14.50.08.png

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 14.44.36.pngScreenshot 2023-08-03 at 14.44.24-min (1).png

Is it about the 7.4 and 7.3 issue or something else? How can we fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
ldarby
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Data Fabric Installation Issue About Generating SSL Key

Hi @msaidbilgehan,

This is likely caused by not using FQDNs, I saw your other post which had node-0.cluster but it's 'node-0' here.  Please ensure "node-0.cluster" resolves to the same IP as "node-0" (and same for other nodes), then use the node-0.cluster etc names in the installer.  This is mentioned in the docs at https://docs.ezmeral.hpe.com/datafabric-customer-managed/73/AdvancedInstallation/PreparingEachNode-connectivity.html.

Regards,
Laurence Darby

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
msaidbilgehan
Advisor

Thank you for your response. We missed the naming. Btw, we add the domain name after the hostname such as "node-1.company.com" but is there anything we should do more than the naming? Because devices are not logged in the DNS server. I am not a network guy so not sure about what we need to do for this kind of naming if there is a problem occurs.

Najmuddin_c
HPE Pro

All the hostname must be resolvable, ie; node-1.company.com should be mapped to a valid IP address and vice versa. There is no need to have DNS entries for name resolution, it can be done by updating /etc/hosts file (on all nodes). [ As you may know, it'd be difficult to maintain the hosts file as number of nodes grow, so it's better to go with DNS in large clusters].

Also make sure to use the hostname while using installer/'running configure.sh' tool.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo