108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Edit iLO settings through OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
daax
Occasional Advisor

Edit iLO settings through OneView

I'm looking for a way to edit iLO settings through OneView. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask here.

For example, If I wanted to use OneView to generate new Certificate requests for all of the iLOs connected to it. Or set the AD/LDAP configuration on all iLOs connected to Oneview.

I know that this can be done in mass through the rest api or iLO cmdlets. My issue is that the iLOs in our environmet don't (and can't) have the same local admin password, which makes scripting difficult.

I was hoping to to leverage the SSO capability of OneView to make iLO settings changes across my environment.

Any help would be appricated.

5 REPLIES 5
Siddhartha_M
Advisor

Hello daxx,

Since iLOs in our environmet don't (and can't) have the same local admin password, which makes scripting difficult.

So editing need to be done manually...

Thanks,

Siddhartha Mukherjee

I am an HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee
mLuXoR
Occasional Advisor

oneView, and on OA too, you can't any edit Ilo settings

Henry_B
Occasional Advisor

@mLuXoR wrote:

oneView, and on OA too, you can't any edit Ilo settings

I'm not sure about changing iLO settings through OneView, but you definitely can through the OA. Use the Invoke-HPOAiLOCommand to execute your commands.

There is the OneView Get-HPOViLOSSO command that generates a SSO URL, but I have yet to use it.

daax
Occasional Advisor
Solution

If you use the get-hpovilosso command to get all ilos withing one view, you can then use those sso connections to run commands via "get-hprestdataraw" and "invoke-restaction" using the "-session" flag to specify the sso connection.

With these commands i was able to request and apply certificates for all of my ilo connections with relative east to doing them all manually. WITHOUT haveing to know any of the local accounts on any specific ilo. very useful

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi @daax 

Thanks for sharing you were able to get this to work.
Can you post the script (sans any IP's, credentials) for other users interested in this?
You can also submit your work as contribution to https://github.com/HewlettPackard

Thanks!

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo