1752689 Members
5261 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Firewall rules for OneView Remote Support

bruppert
Occasional Contributor

Firewall rules for OneView Remote Support

I have a HPE OneView VM - VMware vSphere appliance version 4.20.01.01-0385523 which I built recently.   I am attempting to set up Remote Support for the first time.

The documentation says that communication will occur to api.support.hpe.com via HTTPS.  Our security team configured a firewall policy to allow this.  However, they report that the firewall is seeing connection attempts to sa-curiosity-pro.glb.itcs.hpe.com which are being blocked as it doesn't match api.support.hpe.com.

Does anyone know why connection attempts are being made to this other URL?   Is there a more updated list of URLs which OneView remote support requires for operation?

Thanks..

3 REPLIES 3
JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Firewall rules for OneView Remote Support

Hi,

api.support.hpe.com is the correct URL that we talk to. This URL points to different load balancers which is why you are seeing the response that you are. For most people opening access to api.support.hpe.com is sufficient, but it looks like your firewall restrictions may be more complex, I would suggest opening access to the URL you noted below as well. It is a valid LB name behind api.support.hpe.com

I am an HPE employee
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The answer to your question is documented in the Online Help (Firewall Rules also explained here),  and HPE OneView Remote Support FAQ

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Tinux
Frequent Advisor

Could it be that the URL sa-curiosity-pro.glb.itcs.hpe.com is being used for the Insight Online integration ?

Regards,

Martijn