Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

It might sound odd but since may 2016 I have a firmware upload process going on. I never notice before that it never ended, but now that I need to update my FW on my VirtualConnect and that my oneview is the owner of the Virtual connect I can't make HP SUM or HPE Virtual connect utility upgrade my VC and this firmware upload is THE ONE with the firmware 4.50 on it. I tried to reboot the Oneview few times and the upload still stuck on "Retrieve information from firmware bundle" since may 13 2016. Very extensive informtion to me. how can I stop this process the cancel never worked. 

Anyone face that issue and resolve it ?

i.e. attached picture has been taken on october 09 2016.

Jean-Denis

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HP Oneview 1.20.05 never ending fimrware bundle upload process

You will.need to.open a support case to fix this issue. This is caused by a defect in uploading the 10-2015 SPP on a 1.20.05 or older appliance. After getting Support to help stop the task, you need to upgrade your appliance to at least 1.20.07.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mrs Lynch, I'll be doing this but is there a way using the Restful api to reste it by myself ? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

HPe Support point me on this advisory. It goes the way Mrs Lynch propose. I Will upgrade my oneview to 1.20.08

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04921517

Highlighted
HPE Pro

(It's Mr. Lynch)

There isn't a method to stopping a running task via the REST API at this time.  Only a L2 Support Engineer can assist you with performing that operation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo