1757437 Members
2728 Online
108861 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE One View Rest API permission levels

venu9052
Visitor

HPE One View Rest API permission levels

Which level permissions required for API access(All methods like Get, Put, Post,Delete the alerts using scripts).

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

There is no different authentication mechanism or configuration for the REST API than the UI.  The UI is a REST client anyhow.  Is there something specific you are looking for regarding appliance authentication?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

venu9052
Visitor

We are integrating Oneview alerts to service now using ONEView APIs, so need to know which level permissions required to access Rest API calls(As part of this integration we are using Get, Put, patch and delete methods for alerts ).

Can you please suggest me which level pemissions need to require for this automation integration.

AmRa
HPE Pro

User roles enables to assign permissions and privileges to users based on their job responsibilities.

For more details on User Accounts and Roles Permissions please refer below link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00067499en_us

For REST API calls you need to create Login Sessions, authentication service provides REST APIs to login, reconnect to an existing session, and terminate a session (logout). The login API returns a session token on successful authentication. The reconnect and logout REST APIs require a session token in the request header.

Once Login session has been created successful , you can run REST API calls with Get, Put, patch and delete methods to perform different actions.

Please refer HPE OneView API Reference page for more information.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview5.0/cicf-api/en/index.html#rest/login-sessions

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
agreatround
Visitor

We are wanting to use the REST API to query Oneview Alerts and Events

What permisision do I need for that. I can only get queries to work using an administrative account

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Alerts and Events are available as Read-Only to all account types, regardless of the resource.  You cannot edit or modify them unless you have the associated role to the resource type.  For instance, you would need Server Administrator role to modify server hardware, enclosure and profile alerts/events.  Network Administrator for interconnects, logical interconnects and networks.

Do you have an example of an alert, and what are you trying to do with it?  Can you provide specific details?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo