HPE OneView
1748007 Members
4285 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE OneView Force Refresh on Monitored Server(s)

Jarrod Kline
Advisor

HPE OneView Force Refresh on Monitored Server(s)

How often does HPE OneView talk to ILO? Does it periodically Refresh? I need to refresh SSO creds to all ILO's it seems that after removing the SCMB certificate the SSO no longer works until after you force a manula refresh on each server. I did compete a reboot of the appliance and that dd not help. Is therre a cmdlt I can use to force arefresh for all server and resetablish teh SSO account? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView Force Refresh on Monitored Server(s)

The SCMB certificate is not used to communicate with any monitored or managed resource.  It is for external integrations to subscribe for alerts.

HPE OneView refreshes hardware every 20 minutes automatically.  And yes, a reboot of the appliance also initiates a refresh.

Why do you believe you need to refresh the iLO SSO credential?  It is automatically handled by the appliance.  If there was anything wrong with it, an Alert would be generated indicating a refresh of the server hardware or Enclosure is necessary to resolve.  You would then be prompted for credentials for authentication to the resource, as OneView does not cache any user provided credentials.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Jarrod Kline
Advisor

Chris, thanks for your response. Any time I click an ILO link from in HPE OneView it prompts me for cerdentials. If I force a manual refresh the next attempt to the ILO link SSO's me in wihtout issue. In past I recall seeing the ILOs complete a refresh on reboot and the activity log would refelct it. I no longer experince the "refresh" behavior on reboot of the appliance nor do I see any refresh activity. The only way to correct the SSO issue for me at this moment is to manually run the refresh.

Respectfully,

Jarrod

xSlashx

I have the same issue with Oneview 3.10.04-0299553.

Why do you believe you need to refresh the iLO SSO credential?

Because. when the SSO is not working I have to refresh the server hardware manually to gain access again.

If there was anything wrong with it, an Alert would be generated indicating a refresh of the server hardware or Enclosure is necessary to resolve.  You would then be prompted for credentials for authentication to the resource, as OneView does not cache any user provided credentials.

I do not get a prompt and no alert. Even if I refresh the server manually it just refreshes and solves my problem without prompting or alerting an error.

I currently have 125 servers monitored by oneview and the problem already existed when the number was arround 50 servers.

Is there a way refresh multiple servers at once?

lizardius
Occasional Advisor

I have the  same problem after rpelacing OneView's self signed certificate.  OneView version 4.00.05

Is there are any option to do refresh for all servers at the same time? Refresh operation is not supported for multiple selection.

thank you.

MarioE
Valued Contributor

I'm refreshing for multiple servers with POSH-HPOneView (The HPE OneView PowerShell library):

http://hewlettpackard.github.io/POSH-HPOneView/

Get-HPOVServer -Name spxhs0003* | Update-HPOVServer | Wait-HPOVTaskComplete

-------------------------

PS C:\> get-help Update-HPOVServer -examples

NAME
    Update-HPOVServer

SYNOPSIS
    Refresh the state of a server resource.

-------------------------- EXAMPLE 1 --------------------------

Get-HPOVServer "Encl1, Bay 1" | Update-HPOVServer | Wait-HPOVTaskComplete

Refresh the state of the provided server hardware device.

-------------------------- EXAMPLE 2 --------------------------

$task = Get-HPOVServerProfile "Profile1" | Update-HPOVServer

Refresh the state of the server hardware device assigned to the Server Profile object.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As @MarioE stated, you can use the HPE OneView PowerShell library.  3.10 and newer are available in the PowerShell Gallary.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo