5286 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Internal Network

Shah3
Occasional Contributor

Internal Network

Hi, 

I am using OV 3.10.4. I have a requirement to have a internal network for Hearbeat purpose only. we are using vSphere 6.5 on all hosts. 

The hearbeat network would be used for guest os only, so we dont want to make a vlan on core switch. for this purpose we have created a "internal network" on "Logical Interconect Group" having vland ID 134. 

I have created a Port-Group on VMware Distributed swithch wtih vland ID 134, but the virtual machines are unable to ping if these VMs are on different hosts. 

kindly suggest.

thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Internal Network

Have you added this internal network to any of the Network Connections in the Server Profile? Adding the network to an Internal Networks setting if a Logical Interconnect Group or Logical Interconnect is only 1 step. I would suggest you take a look at the Deployment and Management Guide on http://hpe.com/info/oneview/docs.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Shah3
Occasional Contributor

I have added it to internal network at "Logical interconnect group" these networks can't be added to server profile as i  am using "network sets".

since vlan is added to internal network, i can't add this to network set. kindly have a look to attached snaps. 

thanks,

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please verify that you have added your networks to the correct Logical Interconnect Group (LIG) and/or Logical Interconnect (LI).  Once you have created your Tagged Ethernet Networks and have added to the LIG/LI, you need to edit your Network Set(s) to then add those networks.  Remember, you cannot assign Ethernet Networks with the same Tagged VLAN ID to the same Network Set or even to the same parent interface of the child physical functions (aka FlexNICs).

Please see the screenshots of Internal networks mapped to Network Sets.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo