HPE OneView
1753785 Members
7198 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 5.0 fails to reapply firmware when hardware gets replaced on Gen8 and others

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

OneView 5.0 fails to reapply firmware when hardware gets replaced on Gen8 and others

So I have seen this several time after hardware gets replaced. Like today I had another motherboard replaced on a DL380p Gen8. This should have caused an update of firmware for BIOS, iLO and SmartArray controller at minimum. 

So after reconnecting the Server hardware by deleting the old iLO certificate and importing the new one, then refreshing the Server Hardware and then going to Server Profile and selecting reapply, making sure that all the relevant settings are selecting, such as BIOS settings and Firmware, it goes through the whole cycle (30-40 minutes later). Yet neither BIOS, iLO nor SmartArray are updated and the profile does show Green.

Seen this also on Synergy SY480c Gen10 blades after the 3820 network adapter has been replaced. Here OneView at least says the firmware isn't correct but when you say reapply it doesn't update the firmware either.

1 REPLY 1
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 5.0 fails to reapply firmware when hardware gets replaced on Gen8 and others

Hi There,

Is SPP baseline configured from a External repository?

If yes, please check if the repository is accesable from oneview appliance.

If not configured as External repository, Check if youare using the latest SPP for Gen 8 servers.

Cheers.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo