HPE OneView
1752679 Members
5375 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 5.40 and PowerShell command show-hpovfirmwarereport or show-ovfirmwarerport error

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

OneView 5.40 and PowerShell command show-hpovfirmwarereport or show-ovfirmwarerport error

I was running the PowerShell module version of 5.20 and appliance 5.30, show-hpovfirmwareReport was working fine. Upgraded one appliance to 5.40 and I am now getting:

Show-HPOVFirmwareReport : parsing "Online ROM Flash - Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant Gen" - Not enough )'s.
At C:\Users\ulfdc\Documents\Check-firmware.ps1:20 char:27
+ $ovfirmware = $server | Show-HPOVFirmwareReport
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Show-OVFirmwareReport], ArgumentException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Show-OVFirmwareReport

Updated PowerShell module to 5.40 and still getting:

Show-OVFirmwareReport : parsing "Online ROM Flash - Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant Gen" - Not enough )'s.
At C:\Users\ulfdc\Documents\Check-firmware.ps1:20 char:27
+ $ovfirmware = $server | Show-OVFirmwareReport
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Show-OVFirmwareReport], ArgumentException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Show-OVFirmwareReport

This is running against DL380p Gen8 servers and Gen10.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 5.40 and PowerShell command show-hpovfirmwarereport or show-ovfirmwarerport error

You should really be using the project's GitHub Issue Tracker to log support issues with the PowerShell library.  Please go create a new issue, and supply the information asked in the Bug Report issue template, and we will pick up the discussion there.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo