HPE OneView
1755035 Members
3155 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OneView OV4VC Cluster Profiles and OS Deployment without Image Streamer

JoeyB

OneView OV4VC Cluster Profiles and OS Deployment without Image Streamer

Working on a new vSphere on Synergy deployment. I've got OneView 8.5.0, OV4VC 11.4, vCenter 8.0.2, ESXi 8.0.2. Blades (compute modules) are Synergy 480 Gen 10's. I have six of my 24 blades deployed (manually) and would like to automate the build of the remaining 18. I do not have an Image Streamer device, those were end of life before we ordered the hardware. 

Following the User Guides, it appears that I should be able to Create a new Hypervisor Cluster Profile but that option doesn't exist, only Import Cluster. For the Hypervisor Profile I have no option to create, import, or edit. When I import the cluster it doesn't detect the network config even remotely correctly. I know our network config is a little more complex than most since we are using LACP and LAGs but it isn't even detecting the Management nics correctly, and they are not configured as LAGs in the SPT or in vCenter, just two nics on a vDS.

OV4VC connections are good, imported the cert to vCenter, imported the vCenter cert to OneView... I've slowly worked through getting it to this point but now I am stuck.

I did create an OS Build Plan under Deployments but haven't customized the ESXi kickstart file yet. 

What am I missing in the config to get this working as the User Guide says it should?

**UPDATE** Made some progress after rebooting the OV4VC appliance. I can now see both of my DVSwitches but it is also adding two more switches. Currently I have a portgroup for each VLAN in my non-management DVSwitch. The VLANs that are not represented there are being added as new VDS. I think this is just an issue how it configures switches and I will need to mess around with it a bit. I still cannot create a new Hypervisor Cluster Profile, nor a Hypervisor Profile. I am limited to Importing for Hypervisor Cluster Profile only.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: OneView OV4VC Cluster Profiles and OS Deployment without Image Streamer

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Grow Cluster White Paper (8.3)

2. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Grow Cluster White Paper (9.0)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

MV3
HPE Pro

Re: OneView OV4VC Cluster Profiles and OS Deployment without Image Streamer

Hello,

The raised query requires a configuration review. Please kindly submit a support case.

Cheers..

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JoeyB

Re: OneView OV4VC Cluster Profiles and OS Deployment without Image Streamer

@MV3 Thanks, MV3. I will open a support case to have the configuration reviewed. What would be the best option when I open the case to ensure it gets to the right team,  'Software related issue -> Servers'? Thanks.